Three-year Initiative Overview
Why are there ABE three-year initiatives in Minnesota?
The creation of three-year initiatives for Adult Basic Education consortia came from the following needs:
- Emphasize a current area of development that the federal Office of Vocational and Adult Education (OVAE) identified as a priority.
- Focus on an area where the entire ABE system in Minnesota needs to improve.
When did the initiatives start?
The first three-year initiative was Family Literacy and it began in 2002.
How many three-year initiatives have there been in Minnesota?
There have been four three-year initiatives:
1) Family Literacy 2002-2004
2) Workplace Education 2005-2007
3) Transitions to Postsecondary Education 2008-2010
4) Next STEP (Statewide Transitions Expansion Priority) 2011-2013.
- ABE Specialists
- Find an ABE Program
- Calendar of Events
- Program Management
- Professional Development
- Supplemental Services
- Credentialing and Certificate Programs
- Resource Curricula
- State ABE Presentations