Frequently Asked Questions

What are the licensure requirements for ABE instructors?

Please see Minnesota state statute 122A.26 , which addresses this issue. You can also look for more information on the Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) website.


How long do I need to keep paper copies of student intake forms and other records?

We recommend 5 years, but make sure to check with your district and/or management to see if you have other policies in place. Check the Records Retention Policy on the MNABE Policies Page.


If you have other questions you believe should be added to the FAQ list, please contact Jodi Versaw, ABE Program Quality Specialist, at